During pre-consultation, I get a lot of questions regarding preparation for a photo shoot. Especially concerning makeup. Well, preparation starts long before a photoshoot and I thought who better to talk about beauty than a beauty expert. So please welcome, Jacqueline. Beauty expert and Mary Kay consultant. You can find Jacqueline at: www.marykay.com/jfore . Thank you so much Jacqueline for your expertise!
Do you want to look absolutely fabulous in your photo shoot? The best thing you can do is start today with a healthy skin care routine that will leave your skin glowing! A proper skin care routine can get your skin in tip top shape so that you are ready for the camera and for the every-day! As an independent beauty consultant with Mary Kay cosmetics with 17 years of experience, I recommend 5 essential steps for healthy skin whether you are getting ready for the big day, or want to look great every day.
- Cleanse – It is so important to wash your face in the morning and night. This is important to remove any makeup on your skin as well as anything that has fallen on your face throughout the day from the environment. Think of how dirty your glasses can get in a single day – those same particles are falling on your face and it is important to wash them off! In the morning, it is important to cleanse the skin after a nights rest where oils tend to see out of pores and potential residue from your pillow and sheets could be lingering on your skin.
- Exfoliate – Exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells from the surface layer of your skin, leaving you looking fresh and vibrant. I recommend talking with your beauty consultant to determine what the best formula and frequency of exfoliation will work best for your skin type.
- Tone – A good toner is an important part of the skin care routine to freshen the skin and tighten up your pores
- Moisturize – Did you know that one of the leading cause of wrinkles is under-moisturization? Moisturizing is an important step to ensure the skin is not dried out, to help fight wrinkles, and is also an important step before makeup application.
- Protect – Protection can come in two ways – a quality SPF product can protect your skin from the sun. Remember that even if you aren’t spending the day on the beach, the sun’s rays still comes through windows and your car windshield. A quality foundation can also protect the skin, acting as a layer between your skin and what is floating around in the atmosphere.
These skin care steps can help anyone get on the path to healthy, radiant skin! I recommend for you to talk to your beauty consultant to determine which formulas are best suited for your skin as we all have individual needs as well.